The Thinker's WorkshopTM
is training that improves critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making.
The Thinker's WorkshopTM Online consists of an extensive program of courses in analytic thinking and writing, including techniques introduced in the seminal book The Thinker's Toolkit by Morgan D. Jones (a former CIA analyst). These techniques are fully explained in the Thinker's WorkshopTM along with additional skills and practices used by the intelligence community, law enforcement, the military, and other private businesses and industries.
The Thinker's WorkshopTM classroom training has been an important part of the intelligence community’s analytical training, and the techniques apply to problems commonly encountered by everyone, including CIA analysts, law enforcement officials, financial planners, home-buyers, and anyone else making a decision.
In addtion, Analytic Thinking and PresentationTM teaches techniques to develop an analytic judgment on an issue, build a case to support the judgment, and conceptualize the results in writing and orally. This course focuses on the principles of writing that enable the analyst to craft a well-reasoned and well-written finished intelligence product. This course is built on extensive individual and team activities that include opportunities for personal feedback.
The Thinker's WorkshopTM Online offers many of the same important concepts and skills in a self-paced online learning environment for the benefit of anyone making impactful decisions or conducting analysis of difficult problems.
Organizations that have benefited from Thinker's WorkshopTM or Analytic Thinking and PresentationTM include:
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- Department of Energy
- Department of Justice
- Department of Homeland Security
- Deutsche Bank
- Dow Corning Carrolton
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
- Federal Reserve Board
- Financial Crimes Enforcement Center
- General Motors Corporation
- George Mason University
- Georgia Bureau of Investigation
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Institute for Global Ethics
- International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions
- MARS Corporation
- National Air and Space Intelligence Center
- National Counter-terrorism Center
- National Drug Intelligence Center
- National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
- National Ground Intelligence Center
- National Insurance Coordination Bureau
- Navy-Marine Corps Intelligence Training Center
- Ohio Department of Transportation
- Open Source Center
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Singapore Police
- State Farm Insurance
- US Air Force
- US Marine Corps
©2009-2013 Analytic Advantage, Inc.